Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Zzzzz - Team Z, that is.

After last year's tri training, I really wanted something to maintain my training. "Race to train" my friend Leslie said. "Don't train to race." Wise words, I thought. How to best accomplish that?

Les turned me on to the tri group she had joined - Team Z (http://www.triteamz.com/). A local collection of triathletes and aspiring triathletes that train and race together. It's very cool - all ages, all capabilities, and very social, as well.

Since I did the race with TNT last year, I've also switched jobs. Leaving APA after 15 years wasn't easy but the time was right to join Children Now as their Director of National Policy. As such, I work from home and was looking for a group I could hook up with where I could get some training, a bit of a social outlet, and maybe an occassional weekend away. Team Z has been the perfect fit.

No comments: